Ask anyone who has had to sort out home care for their loved ones and most will describe the experience as ‘a nightmare’. With hospitals discharging quickly, ACAT teams with long wait lists and providers with limited capacity accessing support to stay safe and healthy in your own home can be a challenge.
The information available to obtain care is generalised and ambiguous. Communication from the agencies can be hard to interpret. Myths and misinformation abound. The system is overwhelming and hard to navigate.
Add to this that most people waiting for packaged care have no idea exactly what they are waiting for – how much it will cost, what they can use it for or whether it meets their needs.
Many give up all together and families struggle with overload and overwhelm when it could be much easier.
In My Place SA is a completely independent and specialised source of home care navigation and ageing in place coaching. Borne from extensive experience in setting up and selling home care packages for providers, as well as 25 years as a physiotherapist conducting physical, functional and home safety assessments, Jennifer Holmes founded this business to ensure people had access to timely, independent and correct advice as soon as it is required.
In My Place SA can help by:
- Providing independent, individualised advice and creating actionable plans to maximise you or your loved ones capacity to remain safe, healthy and as independent as possible in their own homes.
- Complete a holistic needs report to underpin a support plan request when an ACAT assessment is required. We can act as a representative for My Aged Care, follow up with assessors and referrals, and stay involved for 3 months following the assessment to ensure care is put in place.
- Assist you with understanding your assigned home care package, create a plan and help you find the right provider for you and your goals.
- Review existing self-managed home care packages to ensure that they are being utilised to their highest use to ensure individual goals are able to be achieved.
- Conduct a whole life, home and community assessment to create strategies to future-proof ageing in place – all the things you need to consider to maximise your chances of staying as independent as possible and staying in the place you love as you age
- Assist the families of loved ones, such as those that are still working, or live interstate or overseas, and have limited capacity to invest the time and stress to help their loved ones get the care in place that they need.
Arranging home care for a loved one can be a daunting and overwhelming task, filled with ambiguity, misinformation, and long waitlists. In My Place SA offers a unique solution to these problems by providing independent, individualized advice and creating actionable plans to ensure your loved ones can remain safe, healthy, and independent in their own homes.
So, if you or a loved one are struggling to access the care you need, don’t hesitate to reach out to In My Place SA for assistance.