WORDS: Louise Hewitson, Owner/Buyer, Denim Iniquity
Established in 1982, fashion is in Louise’s blood. Denim iniquity has a well curated selection of designer collections from around the globe. Living the best of both worlds, fashion and wine (Hewitson Wines) Louise is lucky enough to travel for work. These trips are inspirational for buying, offering trends and international style that she can share in Adelaide.
New season trends
Summer is upon us and we’re seeing a major change in silhouettes. Softer, wider legs paired with oversized blazers seem to be the direction people are now taking for effortless style. The Anine Bing Carrie pant is our current fave this season. A crisp, man-style shirt with relaxed pants and a high quality designer belt is the look we’re seeing at the moment. This, finished off with a blazer and ballet flats is spring style at its finest. Gone are the days of mixing gold and silver jewellery to be considered fashion suicide. Mixing metals is 2023’s jewellery trend we can all embrace.
Buy less, but better quality. It doesn’t matter how little there is in your wardrobe, if it includes the key staples that you’ll reach for again and again then this is all you need. The trick however, is to invest in high-quality pieces to ensure they last. Always remember, quality never goes out of style!!
- Cashmere knit (can be worn as a jumper or knotted around the neck as a scarf)
- Blazer (worn slightly oversized)
- Trench coat (the ultimate wardrobe hero)
- Jeans/Pants (think straighter legs)
- White cotton shirt (borrowed from the boys)
5 valuable styling tips for mature women
- When wearing oversized jackets/blazers, be sure to cuff the sleeves and show some wrist/arms. You will own this look and feel less like you’re drowning in these more oversized silhouettes.
- People are now embracing “quiet luxury”. It’s less about the brands and more about layers and textures. Wear a simple tank with an open shirt over the top and a knit over your shoulders. This adds texture to what is otherwise a simple outfit and achieves the “effortless, yet luxe” look that we all aim for.
- Think about your shoe choice and how it contrasts with your outfit. For example, pair a chunky sandal with a feminine dress, sneakers with a tailored suit or feminine heels with relaxed jeans. This helps to dress up a casual outfit and vice versa.
- Don’t forget the details. The ultimate finishes to any look are always going to be your belt, bag, jewellery and sunnies. These accessories elevate even the most casual outfits, so don’t forget them!
- When you want to step it up a notch with comfort still in mind, think ballet flats and loafers. These are the shoes of the season and they’re worth investing in.
142 King William Rd, Hyde Park