Bowerbird, Adelaide’s premiere design market, returns to the Adelaide Showground from 25–27 November at the Wayville Pavilion. We’ve picked some new and returning South Australian designers and makers for you to get behind and support.
Bowerbird will get you summer ready, with over 180 designers offering products ranging from clothing, art, homewares, accessories, skincare, jewellery and pantry treats.
Bowerbird invites people to come and meet the community of creatives gathered from across Australia and discover the story behind the brands. Learn about the spark of inspiration that created their current range or the gap in the market that led to a new business. Maybe you’ll learn about a generational family tradition or an ethical and sustainable enterprise.
Peggy Byrne, the Director of Bowerbird, says, “What makes Bowerbird a truly special shopping experience is meeting the people who craft the products on offer. I’m really excited with our line-up as many of the brands curated in can only be seen in South Australia at Bowerbird. On top of that, we have a talented group of emerging designers joining us too.”
Some of the South Australian designers and makers in the Bowerbird line-up:
- Nature Lab Skincare – beautiful skincare catering for the most sensitive skin types and natural alternatives.
- Garden Keepers – quality-made gloves for the environmentally conscious, they are gloves for life!
- Lashes Of Change – a beauty game-changer, Australia’s first bespoke, luxury and eco-friendly refillable mascara.
- Cherie Em – artisan, botanical bath & body products and perfumes.
- My Little Print Studio – using real flora and fauna and the power of the sun, Tracey creates cyanotypes, also known as a blue print.
- Glass by Emma Klau – Emma Klau is a South Australian professional glass blower and designer. Emma’s love of large vessel blowing and her inspiration to create organic forms has been evident in her work.
- Art By Korossy – self-taught Barossa-based artist and wildlife rescuer, Kat Korossy is known for her native wildlife paintings. Originals and prints will be available and a limited selection of her most popular prints on t-shirts.
- Bright Threads – luxurious 100% linen textiles, designed for entertaining at the table, recyclable and biodegradable.
- Yellowbird – a stunning range of clutch purses and handbags, statement accessories made with natural wood textures and contemporary designs, this event relaunching their Signature Collection.
I’m really excited with our line-up as many of the brands curated in can only be seen in South Australia at Bowerbird.Peggy byrne, director
The full November line-up and tickets can now be found:
25 – 27 November
Friday 4-9 pm, Saturday & Sunday 10 am-5 pm
Wayville Pavilion, Adelaide Showgrounds