Are you the designated gardener, cleaner, chef and all-round support for an older family member?
Sometimes supporting older relatives can prove challenging and exhausting at times; this is especially true when you’re also trying to look after your own family or working. It is easy to often feel guilty for being too busy or not as supportive as you would like.
If this sounds familiar, you might be interested to know about private aged care services.
Private Aged Care can be a lifeline to assist older Australians to live more independently at home. It can be utilised on its own or to “top up” Home Care Packages.
For those who may not be aware, a Home Care Package (HCP) is a government-subsidised program for eligible older Australians to access in-home support and remain living at home.
While Home Care Packages are a great source of support for many, high demand, access wait times and income-tested fees mean that for some, they can be problematic. For those requiring immediate access to support or for those who sit in a higher earning bracket, private aged care may be worth considering.
As there is no Government involvement with private care, there is also no limit to the number of hours of support you can access each week, and you can quickly increase or decrease your services based on need.
Private aged care services can be delivered to provide up to 24/7 care and can include an extensive range of in-home and community supports, including:
- Personal care
- Allied Health
- Meals & Food Preparation
- Home & Garden Maintenance
We all want our family to feel as supported, independent and happy as possible. So, if you are currently evaluating the best aged care support for your parents or relatives, it might be worth investigating private care with HenderCare.
Did you know?
- If a Home Care Package is topped up by private funding, there is no loss of funding from the package itself; the individual will have access to more private funding for additional services.
- There is no waitlist to start accessing private services.
- Private aged care removes the need for a government assessment to access services. Depending on your circumstances, we may still recommend you have a Home Care Package assessment.
- Private care delivered can be as little or as much as needed – uncapped per week.
If you have questions about what type of care might be best for your loved ones, please call our experienced team on 1300 764 433 or visit hendercare.com.au.